Thursday, January 4, 2018

Yellow green scrappy quilt

I am on holiday so I tried to make a dent in my yellow-green scraps, and today I spent my time on this quilt top. I thought I will finish tomorrow, but my son got enthusiastic and asked me to do it together. He is going to my parents for the weekend, so I promised not to do anything till Sunday.
It is quite eclectic, I used whatever I found, but there are still quite a lot material in the green-yellow box. I also raided the lightbrown and the white to frame the little 5"x5" middle ones (5.5" square, 2.5" for framing, finished as 9.5") It was good to look back and remember all the quilts the materials are coming from, some of them from my very first ones somewhen back in 2011. The corner pinwheels were originally created for my niece bedcover, but I decided for a different setup and they were sitting in the cupboard for at least 5 years.
The photo is a little washed out due to my camera, in real life it is more cheerful. And the best that I even found a perfect binding in my scrappy binding box, so everything is coming from scraps. Only the backing is missing, but I will use some old fabric. It is really strange, that if I mix some the ugly fabric for backing, I usually really like the final result, even the most boring material comes to life when I use them...

No comments: