Sunday, April 29, 2018

Octopus swimming back

After finishing Winter Watergarden I decided to work a little on Octopus. The blackwork part goes extremely slowly, this was the main reason I changed it to WW. Moreover, I ordered only 1 skein of Petite Princess Perle for the outline of the waves. After ordering the missing 2 I still did not received them - unfortunately I got 2 Wood Pond GL0049 instead Monet 's Pond GL0079...both the name and number are similar, it was an unfortunate coincidence. And since it is perle, it is not a trivial thing to have in stock, so I could not get  a quick substitution. When I have used all the existing skein, there was only  a little part missing, and I decided to try the wood pond perle. And the outcome is quite convincing (top part of the outlining) so I am happily moving further.

Chatelaine: Octopus Tresure Cave
Fonal/Floss: DMC + many silks as suggested in the kit
Anyag/Fabric: Zweigart hand dyed 32 ct Belfast by Barbaral

3 comments:

Rita said...

Csodás!

Agi said...

Kosz:)

Joysze said...

This looks awesome, Agi!!! I couldn't reply to your comment about Deep Blue Sea cos there was no email attached am I'm not sure if the yahoo one is still correct, so replying here instead. :D

DBS on deep blue fabbie is going to look fab... I think most of the colors should be fine on it... the tangs on the 12 o'clock with the bottom part of their body being blue might get a little lost, but maybe if you add metallics to make them shine? I'm not sure if the center's darkest shade is dark blue or black... if it's the former, maybe go black to draw the eye in deeper... almost like into the deepest depths... just a thought. :D