Sunday, November 4, 2018

Quick world tour

I have finished part 1 and 2 of Around the world in 80 stitches, and I am contemplating to call it a finish. I have started this piece in 2012 (6years ago!), and after stitching a very little I stopped I did not touched for 6 years. This is not a small time aversion taking into consideration I hardly put anything away for more than a few months...But I despite the fact that it seemed to be fun to learn new stitches I was not willing to work on this sends a serious message. I took it up a few days ago when I made an inventory of my WIP (UFO? - is there a specific date when a wip became extraterrestrial? If yes I suppose it does not take 6 years to come) I listed this and gave it a last chance.
Actually after decreasing the color palette it was not so bad to stitch, and I really like the outcome, but it is only 1/6th of the whole design and I am not sure whether I will have the stamina to stitch so much more. Now there is a natural finishline, I can make a nice box out of this, and I think I will do that. But I am really happy that I got here.

Around the World in 80 Stitches - Papillon Creations
Anyag / Fabric : 32 ct white dmc
Fonal / Floss : Anchor

3 comments:

Claudette497 said...

I like stitching partly because it's absorbing but not demanding, so learning new stitches reduces my enjoyment a lot, because I have to really concentrate and not let my mind run free. I think it's a beautiful "finish"!

Agi said...

Thanks Claudette, this was my conclusion. There are so many things I would love to stitch, I should not force myself do something which is questionable, regardless how beautiful it could be at the end!

ricketyjo said...

Congrats on your finish, it's lovely.