Monday, January 4, 2021

Farewell 2020, welcome 2021!

2020 flew away, the real proof that when I started to write the post I wrote farewell 2019 first! It was a long year, but also a very short one. I mostly loved the staying-at-home part, with some minor breaks. I really enjoyed cooking for the family, having lots of time for table games, spending our weekends in the woods with long trekkings. During autumn I worked a lot, somehow homeoffice took over, and I could not close the computer in time. Then came the last 3 weeks what I spent with family, trying not to think on work - mostly I was successful despite all the effort of the government who came out many new ideas which affects my work. I planned many things I wanted to do in these 3 weeks - and I hardly did anything, but I decided I have a whole year of 2021 to do what I want, so no worries, my plans are waiting.

So let's see what did I do in 2020:

Cross stitch:

No finishes, but 2 new starts:

Kingfisher by Anchor


Anchor: Kingfisher
Fonal/Floss: Anchor from the kit
Anyag/Fabric: Zweigart white 16 ct Aida from the kit

Sans Soucis by Long Dog Samplers


Long Dog Samplers: Sans Soucis
Fonal / Floss: Caron (#63,#153) Gloriana (#67) Edmar Rayon (#206)
Anyag/Fabric: Tea dyed Zweigart white 32 ct line

I was working on some WIPs:

Pomarium by Chatelaine, 3/4 done, started in 2016 December

Chatelaine: Pomarium
Fonal/Floss: DMC + many silks as suggested in the kit
Anyag/Fabric: Zweigart antique white 32 ct Belfast

Autumn Watergarden by Chatelaine, 1st quarter - started in 2019 August


Chatelaine: Autumn Watergarden
Fonal/Floss: DMC + many silks as suggested in the kit
Anyag/Fabric: Zweigart antique white 32 ct Belfast

I was neglecting poor others:

Heirloom Nativity Sampler by The Victoria Sampler  - almost finished, only a little hardanger missing, started in 2014 November. This was my holiday travel piece in the last couple of years. Since this year there was no travel, I skipped this. There is only a little part missing, I should finish it in 2021!

Heirloom Nativity Sampler - The Victoria Sampler
Anyag / Fabric : 32 ct Smokey Pearl Zweigart
Fonal / Floss : selyem, a mintaív szerint / silk as in the kit

Riolis 1079 Autumn forest - small part done, started in 2018 summer




Around the World in Stitches by Papillon Creations- finished stitching, mounting to a box missing, started in 2012.
I was planning to gift it as a parting present for my son's teacher, but finally I opted for a quilt and the stitching remained untouched.


Around the World in 80 Stitches - Papillon Creations
Anyag / Fabric : 32 ct white dmc
Fonal / Floss : Anchor

QUILTS:

6 Finishes:

Strolling Along Paths of Green by Yoko Saito. Started in 2018, finished the top in 2018 November.



Balance (Tree of Life)  - own design. Started at the end of 2019, finished in a week


Blue Explosion - own design, inspired by pinterest. It was a birthday present for my Niece


Scrappy happy own design inspired by pinterest: Farewell present for my son's teacher


 Rose Quilts  own design, inspired by pinterest - a double present for my mother

2 new starts:

Winter Maize by Ngaire Brooks: piecing done, applique in line



String - a few pieces done, I started it as a leader/ender project



I was working on a WIP:

Round the Year by betukbandi- 8 out of  16 done



SEWING & other:

Huge amount of masks

T-Shirt

Flourishing -own design inspired by pinterest: a project bag to keep large blocks together:


2 guineapig beds, a little statue posing as a sleeping guineapig:




2 comments:

Rita said...

Rengeteg szép munka, sokoldalú vagy!
Boldog új évet és időt, egészséget a folytatáshoz!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You did well with your Chatelaine, beautiful designs.
The quilts are all lovely too.
Who would have predicted "making masks" was going to be th Crafting sensation of the year?