Friday, July 23, 2021

A bag for my sister-in-law

My sister-in-law is a physiotherapist, and when needed, she also takes her folding therapy bed for visits. The cover was kind of falling apart, and she asked me whether I can make a replacement. This was my first time with waterproof material, but I said I will give a try - and I did. 

I found online a good place to buy durable fabric (hektor extra 400D, 325 g/m at k-elme, could be even stronger). It turned out quite easy to sew, the most difficult part was the measuring of the original (90x75cm)! I took the original zipp and main strap, for the smaller handstrap I made a new one. I added a sidepocket with covers as well. I also realised that my velcro had adhesive on the back and it killed 2 of my strongest needles, so I skipped it.




No comments: