Monday, August 24, 2020

Weekend of many fixings

I had accomplished many things, almost all of them different from my plans. We have a small appartment what we rented out, and the last tenant moved out in February. She was from Sweden, and left for home before Christmas, and decided to stay at home. Then Covid came, and since it is in the inner city, the market froze for rents - and to tell you the truth, I was also not very keen on meeting people...

However, I was also renting out my parents' similar appartement and when it was taken in 3 days I realised maybe I should change the photos in the ad, which were taken 10 years ago :) My parents' one is in a green part of the city, but our one is also a very nice little flat. Usually it was taken in a week, therefore not much marketing was needed, so I simply used the existing ones from the ad. Then I read an article about flats and photos, checked what is in our ad, and realised the first photo is nice, but the second one has a 20year old huge tv and a big stereo in the center - not very appealing features in 2020!

I deleted the photo with the tv, and at last an appointment was made. However, when I went there to show it, I realised the flat is really in need of a big cleanup. It was cleaned in February by the girl who moved out, but it was half a year ago, and spiders were quite busy in the meantime. Fortunately I did not  liked the guy who saw it, so it was not a big disappointment that he was not interested. Then last week I went through the flat, checked everything, throw out many unused half useful things which were left there by the previous tenants. I cleaned the windows, soaked all the curtains for half a day then decided to throw them also away. So I needed new ones, bought the material and sewed them. I also got a new table with chairs, so I made some cushions as well. I changed all the beddings, fixed the broken little things - I remember one shelf was already moving when we left the flat some 15 years ago. 

I realised I did so many flat fixing in the past years (renovating and remodelling ours thrice, buying and upgarding 2 for my parents) that things which seemed huge burdens are simply everyday stories now. So I made an appointment for Wednesday to change the gas heater, for next week an electrician comes to check and fix the lamps, and I thinking doing a quick wall-painting, because the walls are quite dirty - not visible at first sight, but not nice if you look closer. If still nobody is interested then I will have the bathroom fixed, since it is clean and usable, but far from glamorous. I should have done this in the last 6 months, but it is better later than never...



No comments: