Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Around the World in 80 stitches

I started this piece by Papillon Creations in 2012 and stopped in the first half of Part 2 (I skipped Part1) of the 24 parts. There are many colors (8 floral, 3 green, white) what I did not like, and planned to use a pink-green colorway. However, I just could not force myself into the 8 pinks, and it became a UFO. I realised the most difficult part is the substitition choosing, so I reduced the palette: 3 pinks, 1 green. This helped a lot, I did more work in 1 hour than in the past in 1 month or shall I say 6 years? There was also some frogging included to be able to follow this decision, and also some unintended fresh one when I made a mistake in the Hardanger. 



Around the World in 80 Stitches - Papillon Creations
Anyag / Fabric : 32 ct white dmc
Fonal / Floss : Anchor

No comments: