Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Whipping up extras



Apart from my original goals I had some things on my mind. 

I was going through my stash and I was decluttering all awful synthetic bits and pieces I received since I started sewing. The family knows I need practice materials so they are sending all kind of stuff - but some of them are too bad even to practice anything on them...I also rearranged my boxes separating quilting and non-quilting quality fabric, keeping only 1 box of synthetics including princess/santa materials. You know, the shiny ones all 5 years old princesses aiming for. And I finished 2 brideskirts for my nieces as well, and for thir little brother a double sided prince doublet - it took some 40 minutes to finish all! The prince material was bought some 30 years ago and I used it to cover the guest bedroom mattress when I tried my first sewing in secondary school.

During the selection phase I also took my charmpack sized whites and beiges do sew the half triangle armchair cover I was longing for. We have an awfully old, but extremely comfortable recliner, whose arms are getting into a horrenduous phase. I decided to cover it myself, and now I took the time to start it. The design and the blocks are ready, and moreover, now I can easily close the light brown/beige box, because I put together a backing from some bigger pieces as well.

No comments: