Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Result of my holidays

My holidays are over, and regardless I did not acted according to my stitchy plans I am quite satisfied what I did. So lets see my goals and results.
  • Quilting/sewing - well done
Plans: finish scrappy blue, work on Yoko Saito and the Round-The-Year quilt - partially done
Scrappy blue - binded and ready, already used by the family

Yoko Saito - hand stitching done, block ready to be sewn together. I will go for the added grass and tree, so no quilt as you go for this.
Round-the-year - not touched

Additional quilts - well exceeded
I was not planning to start anything else, but inspiration came and I not only started, but also finished 2 additional quilts: an I-Spy quilt for my nephew, and a recliner cover for our old reading/stitching chair.
  • Cross stitch - less, but OK
Plans: work on Pomarium, Around the World in 80 stitches, Nativity sampler - partially done
I worked on Around the World in 80 stitches and I made quite a good progress. I am even getting to like it - I did more in this week than in the last 6 years. I realised the biggest blocking factor was the color scheme, actually the lack of predefined colors. I reduced the original palette to 1 green and 3 pinks and now it goes significantly better.
I did not touched Pomarium, but I checked Nativity Sampler and concluded I will take it to my family holiday next week.
  • Sports - well done
Plans: jogging every second day - done, well above
I went running every second day, 3 times 5 kms, and I even went for 10 kms twice. I also bought a sport watch with heart rate measurement, and I did quite a good training to improve my performance. I started to play with the idea to get ready for a marathon in one year time, but most probably it remains an idea - it really takes a lots of time what I do not see at the moment where could I find...
  • Social media time - well done
I skipped facebook almost fully, actually I deleted the app from my mobile after the first day when I realised I am checking in without any reason. Bloggingwise I did 7 posts, which is quite a feat compared to my previous activity. I defined what do I want to finish this year, and I even checked my long pinterest list of totes and selected the best to be tried.

I also hosted 2 dinners for the family, fixed many small things in the flat and bought things which were needed for a time. Overall I am quite content how I spent my stay-in-holidays, and concluded that it is a pity I have 20something years till I can retire, because I could retire happily even tomorrow :)

2 comments:

Rita said...

Ugye? Én is meg vagyok róla győződve, hogy egy percet sem fogok unatkozni nyugdíjas koromban!

Agi said...

Az tuti, hogy én sem :)