Sunday, October 28, 2018

Recliner cover

This is the cover I have made for our recliner. First I was planning to sew one long row to cover the sitting part and the arms, but after finishing I realised that with recliners arms are moving separately from the sitting part, so it will not work. But the long row became a perfect middle cover and I saw 2 smaller ones for the arms. I only have to figure out what to do to have a nicer coverage, because I put a double extremely puffy batting to have comfortable softness under our palms.
I really like the result, and I also realised how much better is to have a scrappy one instead of the same materials - arms are from 2 different fabric, middle part extrascrappy. I used up all my 5x5 squares I cut from my brow-creme-white scraps, therefore no scrappyness for the armrest. I like those pieces most what I thought originally too ugly to include, the yellowish roses. It is really true that you cannot judge on standalone fabric...

No comments: