Sunday, October 7, 2018

Round the Year - Dahlia

A few years back I have found a beautiful quilt by betukbandi called Round the Year, and I was thinking to create one day such. The day had arrived, and I started my epic jpourney of paperpiecing round medallions. The first one is Dahlia, and despite some little puckers I am more than happy with my result. The paper piecing part was OK, but I was fighting with the curved piecing. And there was a huge amount of curves to be pieced! 
For the materials first I wanted to use batiks or some more shaded fabric, just like in the original, but when I realised I used all my blues for the Storm-At-Sea quilt in the summer I thought to use the overflowing solids. The colours are really nice, I like the contrast, and at least I do not buy even more fabric - I can hardly close the door of my cupboard where my materials are...


No comments: