Friday, October 12, 2018

Big plans for a short holiday


Next week I will stay at home and planning to do kind of nothing. I thought I will have the whole week for myself, but in the meantime it turned out my husband booked a sailing exam for Monday afternoon, so he is staying at home Monday morning, and in the late afternoon I should take our son to his sport class. On Wednesday morning I will join my colleagues for a half-day get together training in the neighbourhood, what I did not want to cancel, and in the afternoon another sport class, so my staying at home alone dreamholiday is already blown up, but that is life. There is still the remaining part for doing nothing, and as a bonus the next 2 days are national holiday, so I will have 2 extra to spend with the family.
Doing nothing means organising and stitching a lot - I have 3 WIP quilts:
One is a blue-green  scrapp ready to be binded, I definitely want to start with this, the happy owner (my son and husband are both standing in the line) wants to use it immediately. It has a supersoft babyplush backing (minkylike, but extrawarm), so it will be perfect for the coming long winter nights.
The second is the Yoko Saito one, the block are almost ready, a little handstitching is missing from the Chestnut, and then it should be put together and I should quilt it. I am thinking which way to go: I can quilt the blocks separately and do a quilt as you go one, or sew them prior and add a nice overlapping design just like in some part of the original. It is more difficult, but definitely nicer, so I think I will take this approach. The quilt is half of the original one, because that was almost 2mx3m (2ydsx3yds). I will see how will I proceed.
This is the original Yoko Saito, from the book Strolling Along Path of Green.
Képtalálat a következőre: „strolling along paths of green”

The third is one I just started, the Round the Year Quilt along by betukbandi. I just finished one block and started the second. It is also a huge and difficult one, but I am really drawn by challenges - I will have to find a nice place to show when it is ready...

And apart from the quilts I have my cross stitch companions: Pomarium, which is definitely lacking my attention, my Nativity Sampler where there is a very small part to be finished and the Around the World in 80 Stitches by Papillon Creations what I started a very long time ago, in 2012 and I would rather call it a UFO than WIP

Onl 121 Pomarium

 


I will give some attention to all of them, and maybe I will start Autumn Watergarden by Chatelaine - I will see what the week brings.

But one promise: I will cut back by social media time, no facebook, only blogging. I am trying to manage consciously the time I am spending with my e-devices and I have realised I am spending way too much with uninteresting facebook posts. The only thing with real interest was the Chatelaine group with the new design releases, but since the designer, Martina passed away it is also less appealing - I know my favourite designs, I already bought them, or they are on my wishlist, so I will try a little fasting, it will make me good.
Finally, if fasting is in the air: I will do lots of sports. I will try to go jogging every second day if the weather permits.

So my good intentions are on, I will see what this 10 days brings!

2 comments:

ricketyjo said...

I know the feeling of spending too much time on uninteresting facebook posts! I hope you have a lovely and relaxing week and make lots of lovely progress on your projects.

Claudette497 said...

I've had your beautiful dream of doing nothing - I wish you luck!