Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Yoko Saito quilt top



I have finished the top for my Yoko Saito. This photo does no do justice, in real life the colors are much softer, not so washed out, and the frame is a soft hazelnut. I will try to make some better pictures with natural light. I opted to skip the framing tree and grasses, I lost my mojo somewhen in the process. I am attracted to colors now, and thinking to put is away for some time and not to rush with the finish. When I finish a top I immediately go for the quilting, but now I have a feeling it won't give me the joy, and I do not want simply to get over with this piece, I would like to enjoy the quilting as well.



Yoko Saito: Strolling along path of green

1 comment:

Anne Marieke said...

This is beautiful. Aren't the Japanese taupes gorgeous.