Sunday, September 19, 2021

Pomarium last run

Last corner of Pomarium is in the making! I mixed up the floss and used the one for the leaves for the trunk and branch of the little tree ( I was even wordering the green-gray...)  but realised my mistake only when both trees were ready, so I simply chosed a different greenish (caron waterlilies 065 - jade) for the leaves.


Chatelaine: Pomarium
Fonal/Floss: DMC + many silks as suggested in the kit
Anyag/Fabric: Zweigart antique white 32 ct Belfast

Bagmaking - 1st sturdy bag

I have tried to create a summer bag for me. I have my ideas but could not find any bag that fitted - not because it was overcomplicated, more like it was too exact. I have my favourite one for a while, and it started to get a too used look, so I was looking for an exact replacement - but unfortunately it was discountinued and no similar one was in the shops. So I grabbed all my materials and started to sew, and here is the result:

 I made many pics to remember the process, because I reality I want a lighter version, but this greyish one is a forgiving trieal piece.

1) External hidden pocket opening backside strengthened, and pocked sewed on, then turned into the inside. 

2) Internal pocked also sewed on (no picture)

3) Zip added to external material: (handles should come later, I mixed up the process !)

4) Handles sewed on, I uses double sided tape to keep it on place. For the handles I cut 4 long strips and paired them together and folded them.


5) final construction

exterior and interior



Sewing of the interior and exterior: matching the materials facing together


Cutting of corners and sewing them together to have a stable bottom: