Sunday, September 19, 2021

Bagmaking - 1st sturdy bag


I have tried to create a summer bag for me. I have my ideas but could not find any bag that fitted - not because it was overcomplicated, more like it was too exact. I have my favourite one for a while, and it started to get a too used look, so I was looking for an exact replacement - but unfortunately it was discountinued and no similar one was in the shops. So I grabbed all my materials and started to sew, and here is the result:



 I made many pics to remember the process, because I reality I want a lighter version, but this greyish one is a forgiving trieal piece.

1) External hidden pocket opening backside strengthened, and pocked sewed on, then turned into the inside. 



2) Internal pocked also sewed on (no picture)

3) Zip added to external material: (handles should come later, I mixed up the process !)


4) Handles sewed on, I uses double sided tape to keep it on place. For the handles I cut 4 long strips and paired them together and folded them.

 

5) final construction

exterior and interior

 

 

Sewing of the interior and exterior: matching the materials facing together

  

Cutting of corners and sewing them together to have a stable bottom:



 

THE BAG IS READY





No comments: