Thursday, August 26, 2021

Kingfisher






I have found my new summer holiday piece: Kingfisher. I have bought this kit more than 10 years ago, when I was expecting our son - he is going to be 12 next Spring, so maybe it happened 12 years ago... It is part of a series of birds by Anchor, where I finished the Bluetits, the Red Robins, and this Kingfisher was sadly sitting among my kits to be started. There is an aida in the kit, and I have moved to linen a long time ago, but somehow I was in a nostalgic mood and I thought using some easy aida with fairly low count and not too many colors could be a good choice. 
Actually it is quite a lots of colors, and seems a few only because I compare it to my Chatelaines, but definitely easy to have a kit with me when I am packing for a holiday. The central bird is ready, the wood it is sitting on will be the next, and also the missing triangle, which will be some leaves overlapping the central bird.

No comments: