Thursday, July 25, 2019

Trial pieces - woman's shirt, ranglan T shirt, comfy pants

To have a new hobby brings the joy of buying materials -  a lot:)

First I started with a heavy discount chain called I love textil, where you can buy 1yard for an eur, more expensive materials even go up to 1.5eur/yard. I bought some different ones to practice with and test patterns. Somehow I am really attracted to lilac now...

Fabric bought: 6,2m

  • 1.5m purple shirt poliester
  • 1.5m purple dress cotton-elasthan
  • 2m sand pique cotton
  • 1.2m poliester velvet





Women's shirt from the lilac - it was quite a struggle, but I managed it. However since the material is poliester it is not good for daily use, and also it was a little tight I will give it to my cousin, because it suits her really well. I need some buttonsbuttonholes, and I have to finish the seams as well, and add a hemming to the bottom.  

Elastic ranglan shirt from the white one - I wrote a separate post on the t-shirt, here is the trial version - this also goes to my cousin, she is forgiving all my errors.


Last but not least I also sewed a very comfy pant to be lazy at home. This stays with me, I can hardly wait for a colder weather, I was looking for such pant for years! The start was from an overall, what I totally changed. It is pants, not overall, I did not add the pockets, made it significantly slimmer - I realised Burda patterns are not for me. I cannot decide on the size, and regardless that the numbers are fitting, clothes are 2 size bigger than me, and I can hardly find any pattern I like. So I will not look for them at all.



I see I really have to improve my clothes photoing technique, they look quite awful here, trust me in real life I am extremely proud all of them.

I also sewed up a dress, it is a very simple one, but I learned the hidden zipper, what I have actually ripped off at the end. The material is somewhat stretchy, so there is no need for zippers...I learned interfacing, setting in darts, hemming the dress.




1 comment:

Rita said...

De jók lettek! Az említett újságból nen nagyon varrtam még, nincs tapasztalatom. Kedvencem a finn székhelyű divatlap, biztos tudod, melyikre gondolok...