Sunday, June 27, 2021

Baby book

I have finished my first soft book. The planning and choosing of the materials was quite tedious, the actual sewing went quickly! The name is not contrasting enough, but I did not want to frog, so it remained. Otherwise I am quite happy with the result, the 10 months old hopefully will be as happy as me :)

The size is 6,5" for the coversheet and 6" for the inner sheet. For the coversheet I added the applique and stitched the 2 sides together reversed then turned them out. I did the same for the inner sheet, then did a stabilising stitch ariud the perimeter twice and also in the middle, then stitched them together. There are many different materials to stimulate the baby fingers: plush, felt, corduroy, canvas, handstitched embroidery on a cotton background.







No comments: