Sunday, August 27, 2023

Beanbag galore

I made 3 beanbag covers and 3 insides for them, and I re-made them several times :)

The story started, that my husband came with the idea of a beanbag as his birthday present. Since he hardly ever gives any hints for his presents, I immediately started to look for a pattern. I have found quite a lot, and it was quite difficult which is the ideal one. I chose one which seemed to be fairly easy, moreover, it was creased by a Hungarian girl living in Costa Rica!
https://hungaricanjourney.com/how-to-make-a-convertible-bean-bag-chair/

I had a big faux-fur material and decided to use it as a cover, but there were no direct dimensions for the inner lining, so I made one I thought will be ok. It turned to be too small, so I mage a much bigger one, which fitted much better, and also redesigned (with a scissor:) ) the cover as well.

When I sent some photos to family, it turned out our niece is asking for a beanbag for ages, so I quickly made one for her, but from a different pattern. When I realised the adult is huge for her room, I made a smaller one as well. By that time I was so quick the it took me only one evening to put it together, and the longest time was to trace the pattern to the fabric!

The pattern I used:


Sizes: 
adult: top 20cm / bottom 40cm , width 50 cm, height 120cm
teen: top 17,5cm / bottom 35cm , width 45 cm, height 110cm


Kid beanbag:




I used quite a big amount of textil for thebean bags, but still did not make a dent in my stock. For our niece first she had chosen a beige fabric from my stock, but I realised it is too thin, so I checked the local fabric store for some sturdy material. The girl advised me to use upholstery fabric, and they had some super beige leather fabric one, so I bought 4 metres. Then it turned out she needs smaller one, so I went back for more, but there was only 1.8m remaining - but after playing a little with the placement I managed to fit it on!

Big bean bag pattern:

Outer: cc 4m of strong canvas ( 300x130+ 80x80+ 60x60 in cm)

Inner linig: 






No comments: