Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Sapphire

I restarted my paper piecing design published by BetukbandiThis one is called Sapphire. I used the advised coloring to get a gemlike piece. It was a long time ago that I did paperpiecing, and it can be seen by the matchings -I am not fully happy, but the next one will be better... 

I must remember not to tear the backing paper prior fully finishing (I did...), use 2 stitch length instead the general 2.5 (changed midtime) and use 80 sized needle (changed midtime). There was also a good lesson not to avoid fixing thread tension immediately, because it will backfire - a few parts were fixed manually because the upper thread was too loose and it came out.

Taking all this into consideration having a finished circle is not a bad achievement !


Block 4 - Sapphire Fire

Size is a circle in a 15"x15" square, so taking into consideration the small pieces, the material usage is 20"x15", which is cc 20cm of a fabric.

2 comments:

Rita said...

Nagyon szép lett! Igazi logikai játék összehozni egy ilyen blokkot. Rákerestem a betukbandi oldalra, de nem látom, hol lehet beszerezni a mintát. Segítenél?

Agi said...

Szia,, betettem linkbe a neve alá, nagyon szép a quilt, és részletes leírás is van hozzá