Thursday, August 20, 2020

Dozens Squared

 

There is the next one from Roung the Year by  Betukbandi. It was one of the most difficult one so far, even more difficult than the Wedding Ring. I was lazy to read the instructions correctly, and sewed the central yellow triangles together, when I realised the others should be added around. So I learned to sew Y seams the hard way. I also made a mistake in the finger (leaves?) block what I saw only when it was finished -this is to show nobody is perfect, or just some rndom effect of the pandemia in 2020 :)



Block 12 - Dozens Squared

This is the 8th block out of 16, so I am halfway through. There is also a problem due to the virus - there is no darkblue fabric available in the local fabric shop for over 3 months. I suppose everyone is using darkblue for face masks, that is the reason for the shortage - but I have hardly any left.

Size is a circle in a 15"x15" square, so taking into consideration the extremely small pieces, the material usage is 20"x15", which is cc 20cm of a fabric. 4rd ring in 2020 goes up to 80cm.