Sunday, August 16, 2020

Longdog Samplers

Since I have seen Pandemic stitched, I am thinking on starting a Longdog sampler. I have 3 of them is mind: The Pilgrim is closest to my heart, but as a start I think I will do Sans Souci, and the third is of course Pandemic.

The Pilgrim, especially in the brown colorway. I have seen it on the Facebook Log Dog Pilgrim group, and it was stitched by Leigh M. on 36 ct Edinburgh Legacy linen by picture this plus, with Anchor 381, 944, 277, 855, 398, 853, 1059, 1001, 347, 390, 339, 1007, 845.

 

 Sans Souci:


Pandemic



The biggest question is the materials - they are all monochrome, but can be stitched as colorful as well. Shall I use silk or cotton? What type of fabric? I have a huge amount of 32ct antique white Belfast and 28ct Lugana from Zweigart, but stitching these sampler in this size can eat up 20-30 skeins. If I do smaller, then I can use only 1 floss and halve the amount, because apart from the price even getting the required quantity of floss can be a problem. On the other hand I have 2 big boxes of silks for my future Chatelaines, which are sitting there for years, and there will be years till I will use them, so they could be perfect already owned materials for the samplers - but then I need 36/40 ct what I have never used. I like silk, but do I really like it so much more to justify the cost for a full monochrome sampler? There is also the question whether I really want to stitch with one floss - I always do 2 over 2, and in this case only 1 strand is needed I do not like to stitch that much. Many pro’s and con’s - I should decide if I want to do this!


2 comments:

Rita said...

Hú, tényleg nem egyszerű a választás, és ebben tanácsot adni is nehéz. De ha ennyire alaposan boncolgatod ezt az összetett kérdést, nem is hiszem, hogy szükséged lenne rá.

Agi said...

Igen, elvagyok vele már vagy 3hete :)