Sunday, March 14, 2021

Autumn Watergarden garden gate finally done


Chatelaine: Autumn Watergarden
Fonal/Floss: DMC + many silks as suggested in the kit
Anyag/Fabric: Zweigart antique white 32 ct Belfast

I have finished the second garden gate. I can see that the 1 year homeoffice with 8-10 hours screen time took its toll on my eyesight - it is getting tougher to see the holes on my 36 ct linen. Maybe it is also the natural flow of time (my doctor said in the last couple of years, that it is a great blessing  I still do not need  glasses - next year they will come for sure!) that closing on 50 (sounds quite a lot, huh) brings the inevitable. So I was doing one stitch a time, skipped evening stitching even with my ottlite, and used only weekend daylight hours to finish the perle and the flowery silver lining on the gate. I am also thinking on getting stitching  glasses...but at lest it is ready, and I can move on the last part, the side branches.



No comments: