Saturday, May 22, 2021

A long waited FINISH!

This week during my homecation I went through many things to be cleaned and fixed, and I decided I will tackle my list of wip/ufos as well. 

I offered the Autumn cottage for adoption, because I do not like the floss included. It is a wool acrylic blend and maybe I am turning to a silk snob, but I realised I really do not like to touch the acrylic. It was quickly taken, and one is off the list.


The second one was a long time piece:it took me quite a while, but finally I have finished my Nativity Sampler from Victoria Sampler. The hardanger part was sitting in my wip (ufo?) basket almost 4 years. It was my holiday tracel piece, and it has a loooong history. First I started in 2011 but on a wrong fabric, so I stopped at the top angels and framed it separately. I restarted in 2014 July, and worked on during the holiday until 2017, when the kloster blocks were ready. And then I was afraid to move further, because my hardanger ventures were long-long time ago. Then the pandemic hit, and no travels were done. Then ... no real excuses, but stalling. After braving myself it was a quick finish, only took 2 afternoons. My hardarnger far from perfect, but not that bad, and I only cut 3 wrong lines :)






No comments: