Sunday, May 23, 2021

Matching up!

 I was curious to see how my Pomarium goes, is there any hidden hickup along th lines - so I quickly did the matching up of the border and also the last arch for the fruits. All is well, both are perfect, not a misalignement anywhere! I am hoping for a next finish, but it will take some time...

Chatelaine: Pomarium
Fonal/Floss: DMC + many silks as suggested in the kit
Anyag/Fabric: Zweigart antique white 32 ct Belfast

I am planning to move forward with my wip killing, and buy a box for the Stitches around the world piece, and mount it up. If it is done, then I can start another Chatelaine to accompany Autumn Watergarden and the 2 other ones: the kingfisher and Long Dog sampler, Sans soucis. I thonk it was a good idea to start with a smaller Long Dog, because I realised it is not as exciting as it seemed last summer. I am not saying I do not like it, but it is for sure that I do not mind leaving it in its cover at all.

The decision is which Chatelaine should be the next one? I have Mushroom and Fern, Herbularius, an Deep Blue Sea kitted, all are different. Deep Blue Sea has darkflue fabric, so it should be a piece when my eyes are not tired. Herbularius is similar to Pomarium, but full green. Maybe Mushroom and Fern are the easiest, grey fabric, medium sized, nice colours. I have also realised, that I have ordered Tinctorium as well. This is the 3rd of the Cloister Gardens (Pomarium for fruits, Herbularius for herbs, Tinctorium for dyes, Rosarium for roses) but it has quite cold colours, what I am not sure I want to spend years with...However, it is not urgent, there are several months of stitching in Pomarium, too.


2 comments:

Rita said...

Gratulálok a nagy pillanathoz!

Hát igen, nem könnyű eldönteni, mi legyen a következő nagy projekt. Nagyon tetszenek a sötétebb vásznakra hímzett Chat-ek is, de nem tudom, hogy bírná a szemem cérnával!:)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Unfortunately you are a "no reply" person but if you reply to this comment by email, I can save your address and respond in future.
I love your Chatelaine and such a relief the border meets up too! I vote for the one which is most different to the current one, just for the contrast.