Friday, May 8, 2020

Golden Gate


Chatelaine: Autumn Watergarden
Fonal/Floss: DMC + many silks as suggested in the kit
Anyag/Fabric: Zweigart antique white 32 ct Belfast

I have finished part 7&8 of the gate in my Autumn Watergarden. The scrollwork was quite difficult, both the pearl silk and the metallic gold tread-but the result worth the effort. There is only the corner motive left and the the 1st quarter of the garden is done. It is not as enjoyanle as Winter Watergarden was, but not too bad either.

There is one thing I have realised during stitching - my eyes are not as good as they were before. I had eyes like a hawk, and I started to realise it is deteriorating. I have a regular check each and every year in my yearly health check and the lady always said "still good, still good, but be prepared next year it will start to do down the hill"- this year she will be right! I still can see 36count linen without any magnifier, so it is not a life turning event, but I this is the first time I need to have a few seconds of adjustment prior to stitching. First proof I am closer to 50 than 40  - looks quite scary to writw those numbers down 😉

3 comments:

Rita said...

Hajrá, szépen haladsz.
Jó, hogy feltalálták a szemüveget és a nagyítót!

Claudette497 said...

It's so intricate! Beautiful work!

Agi said...

Thanks for the comments ladies!