Wednesday, May 13, 2020

mask making

I was making masks also in April, but somehow I did not show it until now. I have a nice statistics:
14 for our family, 4 for my friends, 16 for my colleagues, 16 for our neighbourghs, and 10 for ourselves (wow, 60 altogether, not bad for a few evenings work...). There are colorful ones and simple whites, one for every taste:) I also made the strings in 2 sittings - it was quite tedious believe me! In case school restarts I have some orders from my nieces and son: we will see how it goes. We are lucky, because there are really a very few cases in Hungary, the early quarantine seems like working, so there is already talk of school in June.



The sizes are 6"x9", and since they are double layered, 1 metre of standard 42" cotton gives cc 15 masks. Sewing 60 means I used up cc 4m of my fabric, and the strings came on top, but they are usually from scraps of already cut, or a not quilting quality material, so it does not count.

No comments: