Friday, May 1, 2020

The day of Fixings

Today I had a Day of Fixings! 

I was collecting many small household things to fix in the last few weeks (months??? -I realised there was dust on them, maybe it is a sign...), and my sister-in-law also asked me to help repair the velcro in my niece's shoes. When the velcro busted in the umbrella on our terrace I also added that to the evergrowing list. 

I hate throwing away things which can be fixed. I have a rule: I try to fix everything once, second time it goes to the garbage, but I give one chance for all the things in the flat. 

So today I started to tackle them one-by-one:
  • Changed velcro in the umbrella to be able to keep it closed safely
  • Changed velcro in a pair of otherwise perfect running shoes
  • Fixed a pair of old but favourite jeans
  • Shortened my new pj's
  • Fixed a new t-shirt of my son who cut out the ticket and also snapped the thread which kept the pieces of the shirt together
  • Fixed a pair of torn gardening gloves
And all these took some 40 minutes...


No comments: