Sunday, February 13, 2022

Slippers

I have made a few slippers before skiing, it was a project I was planning at least for a year. Not perfect, but I like them anyway. It is for the cold winter evenings, or guests, we usually go barefoot.


The base was some old IKEA slippers I covered with many scraps. I was really digging deep, the internal part is babysoft and some pluch materials remaining from some backing, the top came from an old grey jeans, and even the bindings are from some old ones I found in my binding box.
 

A short reminder how I did it:

1) Putting the top together, inside up, batting (200), outside down, and drawing the form with chalk



2) Adding straight lines to the top:


3) Sewing on the straight lines to keep them together.


4) Sewing around the top form


5) Cutting the top around the stitching


6) Adding binding to the top


7) Sewing bottom parts together with zigzag: original ikea bottom, strong material below, soft material on top



Sewing top and bottom together with zigzag (1.5/1.5)
(no photo)

Adding external binding with straight stitch, first with the bottom, then turning on the top.

2 comments:

Rita said...

Fantasztikus! Köszi az ötletet és a fényképes leírást!

Agi said...

Szívesen:)